Tuesday, November 18, 2014

National Adoption Month / Anniversary


It's funny how the emotions of certain days never leave you.  It was 3 years ago today that we were officially matched with Noah's birth mother.   We had been in contact with her for a few weeks but were waiting on the agency to meet with her and get a good feeling of things.  Any match situation is a leap of faith to say the least but to go in and match with a birth mother across the country that you will never meet until the the baby is born 3 months later can be very scary.  The emotions still hit me this time every year like it was just last week.  I was so sure the agency was going to tell us it was a bad idea, that it wouldn't work.  As much as I told myself to guard my heart and not get attached and get our hopes up it was hard not to.  It was an instant connection, an instant feeling this is gonna work, this has to work.  God would not let me get my heart get hurt, and he didn't!
I would lie if I said that I think about him being adopted every single day because I don't.  We spend most days living life like a normal family.  We view Noah's birth family as family members we talk to a few times a week.  I don't say this to make them feel any less or down play their roll, but that is what we are 1 big family.  Then when I least expect it the emotions hit me like a ton a bricks, like when we are spending quiet time before bed, or he give me a hug and kiss and calls me mommy!  I know that my best days are mostly likely her worse days.  She shares the joy of holidays and birthday but I also know they come with pain for her, I would be naive to think they didn't.  But I also know she is at peace with her decision and we have worked to have the relationship we have.
Below are some pictures of Noah celebrating National Adoption Month at his amazing daycare!

Love
Melinda







No comments:

Post a Comment