Friday, June 17, 2011

Party

I think this past week I have lost my mind and have taken on planning another fundraiser!  It has been 7 months of waiting as you all know from the last post, and we really want to be able to expand our search.  We know that God has a plan for us and a child hand-picked and he will help to lead us to that child, no matter where they may be. 

Last year when we planned to have a basket party so many times during the planning I thought I must be crazy to do this.  We were in the middle of our homestudy no less while doing that.  And being the "control freak" that I am, it was hard to put my faith and trust in people doing SO much to help us.  And that people would come and want to support us.  Like everyone you have those few memories that stand out in your mind forever.  I remember the day Joe and I got married, so many memories, like seeing him for the first time that day, finally being married, my dance with my dad.  One stands out for me, and there were no photos of it, and no one else there, it was just me sitting at the front of the room after eating and just taking everything in and thinking all these people are here to support us, love and celebrate with us.  That is the same feeling I had the day of our party last October as I looked out at over 200 people, alot of who I didn't know, that had come to support us.  It also taught me that you need to put your trust and faith in people, they will do what they say they will.

I pray that we have as many people reach out to help us this year again and as many people come to support us.  I can't find the words that will ever express how we feel about the things people have done to support us and help us reach our dream.  We pray for you everyday!

Last month Joe and I had to go to Pittsburgh for a class and stopped at a store to walk around for a little bit.  I found a bracelet with a charm on it that has "Dreams become reality one choice at a time."  I have worn that bracelet everyday since to remind myself that my choices will help me reach my dream of a child.  But I also know that we could not do that with out everyone's help too.

So to end I hope that we see you all there and if you would like to help please let me know.

 

Melinda

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment