Wednesday, July 31, 2013

52 weeks of blogging with a purpose - Turn Back Time

We all live with regrets, it is human nature.  At some point in our life we have thought I wish I could have done that different, or have a do over.  How I wish I could go back in time and do this or do that.
When I first saw this topic I was thinking oh man I have so many thing I would change, I would have done this different or that.  So here are the things I would do.

* I would go back and tell my 16 year old self, enjoy things and don't sweat the small stuff.  I was always worried about pleasing other and what they thought.  (Ok I still do that to be honest)

* I would tell my 18 year old self, go to college!  Life will be so much easier to do it then than at 23.  I would tell my 25 year old self, finish college!  Life would be so much easier with that degree.  Your parents are smarter than you think and they do know what they are talking about.

* I would tell my 29 year old self, 30 really isn't that bad.  In fact your 30's will be the best years of your life.  I would most positively tell my 32 year old self even though this feels like rock bottom and your life will never be complete it isn't.  That the longing you heart feels for the love of a child your own will come true in just a few short years.  That the most giving and selfless woman will come into your life and she will make you a mom to the most amazing little boy your heart could ever love.

* I would try to be kinder to the people I love the most.  Because the heart and soul doesn't really ever  forget those things.

But then I really sat and thought and realized everything  most things that happened in my life that I would change, would have changed the course of my life and I wouldn't be where I am right now.  And I don't think I would ever want that to happen.  I know my life isn't perfect right now but it is my life and I love it.

Melinda




Be sure to head over to From Mrs to Mama to check out the other entries by some other great moms!

No comments:

Post a Comment