Wednesday, July 3, 2013

Time

Time is the ever elusive thing for almost everyone I know.  There is never enough hours in the day, weeks in the year, time with friends and loved ones.  I am like every other person and working mother.  My days start early and end late and I often go to bed thinking, God the house is a mess, I need to do laundry, go grocery shopping and didn't get to spend enough time doing nothing with my son. 
After a busy weekend, but one of taking time to just spend time with Noah and friends, I was rocking him to sleep in his room.  He was very snuggle and nestled right down into my shoulder and had his arms tucked under his body holding on to his stuffed puppy.  I couldn't help but sit there and rock him much longer than I needed to knowing these days would be long gone soon.  It is funny how his little body and head are a perfect fit for my shoulder and arms, it is like God measured him to make sure we fit like pieces of a puzzle.  I have thought that so many times over the past 17 months, what a perfect fit he is.  Not only just for my arms but into our family all together.  It is hard to imagine what it was like before him; it is like he has always been with us. 
I saw a friend write about where she saw her life in five years and it got me to thinking.  I think about the past 17 months and where they have gone I can't imagine where life will be in 5 years.  I look back and never in a million years would have guessed 5 years ago this is where my life would be.  So to guess what 5 years from now would be is hard to think about.  I think it is so hard to think about where things will be 5 years from now is because I NEVER imagined this is where I would be in my life 5 years ago.  Joe and I had just gotten married and were enjoying the honeymoon phase of our lives.  We were enjoying our summer and family and our niece.  We had no thoughts of having a family.  Maybe because it was something we talked about and it was like well I can't have children so that is the way it is going to be.  Then the blow came right before our 1st anniversary.  My brother and his wife were pregnant with their second child.  Time stood still for me and in that moment I knew I needed to be a mother, I had to be a mother. 
As everyone knows I have become a mother to the most amazing little boy in the entire world, or my world anyway.  Though it came with tears and struggles it was well worth it and every bit amazing if not more amazing that I ever imagined it to be.
Time is one of those funny things I guess, it keeps moving even when you want it to stand still.  In a second your life can change for good or bad.  I do know life will be crazy and busy with a 6 year old then.  I hope my house if full of laugher and chatter of all things boy!  And most of all I am sure I will be wishing then time will stand still like I did the other night and all the nights before that!

Love
Melinda

No comments:

Post a Comment