Sunday, September 23, 2012

Adoption Day

**Sorry this is over a week late, but Noah and I have been fighting colds for over a week now**

I thought when the day would come it would be no big deal, I mean really the hard stuff was over, and things were not going to be any different.  Then it hit me Wednesday night as I was getting our clothes ready for the following day.  I am not sure really what it was, the realization that something I have dreamed of my entire life was going to become a reality.  I have known since I was 12 years old that it was going to be pretty much impossible for me to have a child.  Then at 22 that became even more real.  Then my thought's went to Noah's birth mother, does she know that tomorrow is even happening?  I know this is what she wanted I am not saying that, but is still my thoughts kept drifting to her. 

We were up early and on the road the following day to Pittsburgh for our hearing to take place.  I was crying the minute we left the driveway, thank God my dad was driving.  All the tears and years of heartache are coming to an end in just a few short hours.  I know that Noah has been with us for 7 months, and he has been our son that long so it shouldn't be any big deal.  But it is!  We get to the office and visit with the social worker for a few minutes, before the call comes.  We were lucky enough not to have to go back to Vegas for the hearing we were able to do it over the phone.  The call lasted less that 10 minutes but it changed our life forever.  It was a very emotional 10 minutes and hearing the judge say that Noah was legally OUR child my heart burst with joy.  Knowing that NO ONE can ever come and take him means so much to us.

So one asked me when they found out things were over, so this means your adoption journey is over right?  I didn't know how to answer that, I guess in some ways yes it is and in other's not even close.  So this step in adoption is over and we move on to the next.  Figuring out our relationship with Noah's birth mother and thing's down the road with Noah when he is old enough to ask questions. 

I would love to say we will do it again, but I don't know if that will happen.  Adoption is expensive and a long preocess and lets be honest money and age is not on our side.  But if it is in God plan then I will not question it because I look at my son and see his work.

So I will continue to blog about Noah and other things at this point!  Here are some pictures from our day!

Love,

Joe, Melinda and Noah

[gallery orderby="rand"]

No comments:

Post a Comment