Monday, July 7, 2014

MIA

I just realized looking at my blog how long it has been since I last posted.  I have been dealing with alot of personal stuff and didn't really have time to blog nor had much I wanted to talk about or felt like talking about.
I had surgery on June 11th that was going to be a simple robotic surgery.  I was to spend 1 night in the hospital and have maybe 2 weeks off work.  Well things didn't go at all as planned.  They were not able to do the robotic surgery and had to cut me open, I had over 30 staples in my stomach.  I spent 4 nights in the hospital and have been staying with my parents since I got home because I am not able to lift Noah or even go up and down the steps at my own house.  They live in a 1 story house and having 2 sets of extra hands really has helped.  I don't know what we would do without my parents and to be honest I don't think I am going to want to go home!
Being off work that long without my income was a concern at first and has been in the back of my mind but I have loved the time off with Noah, it is time I never got when he was born and have really enjoyed being with him.  Watching him play in the yard, swim in the pool and just watching him with my dad.
My parents have been so great in making sure that I take the time I need to heal properly and not rush it so I am back in this boat again 5 or 10 years down the road.  So I am so thankful for them.  So that is a little bit of what is going on with me.  The financial worry is still there but I have decided to just let it in God's hands and not worry myself sick over it.
Now for a LONG over due Noah update.  He is grown like a bad weed.  We had him at the doctor a week ago for a little cold he had.  He is 34 inches tall and weighs 28 lbs.  He eats like a horse but is in constant motion so runs it off as fast as he puts it in.  He is so funny in things he does and has to say.  He new one is when he sees a plane or helicopter he comes running yelling "run..hide".  I have no idea what that is even about but it is so random and funny.  He will cover you mouth and "shhh" you if you are talking while he is watching tv.  He went camping several days with my parents last week and loved every second of it.  Almost a week later he still looks for the "chippies" he fed while they were there.  He has become a complete fish in the swimming pool and I feel confident in saying he will be swimming on his own by the end of the summer.  I love seeming him grow and becoming his own person.  It also makes me so sad at home much he has grown and how fast the time has gone by.
My hope is once I get back home and get back on a schedule I will start blogging more often.  I was in so much pain before surgery it took all I had to get through the day sometimes.  Please keep me in your thoughts over the next couple of weeks.  I feel sure that going back to work is going to be very hard on me since I never got the mommy time with Noah in the beginning it is going to be like leaving my baby for the first time.

Love
Melinda

No comments:

Post a Comment