Sunday, May 12, 2013

What my mom is to me.

It is hard to believe that I get to celebrate my second Mother's Day!  A day I never in my wildest dreams thought could happen.  So it goes to show dream big because dreams can come true.
It has also got me thinking about my own mom and what she means to me.  It is funny how our relationship has changed over the years.  Here is a breakdown of how I see things.
Twenty years ago:
 She was an annoyance, pain in the butt, enemy, worse person in the world.  I am sure I could go on I mean I was sixteen then what teen age girl liked their parents at all let alone a mother. 
How I see things today
 She is my Best friend, biggest support, best listener and giver of advise, smart, beautiful, selfless giver, gives unconditional love, forgiver.  I can't find the words to describe how I feel about my mother now.  She has taught me so many things, I am the mother to Noah I am because of the mother she is to me.  She has always pushed me to reach for the starts and never give up.  She was the first person to wipe my tears when I thought I was never going to be a mother and was the first person to give me a hug the day I became a mother.  She held my hand the entire way we traveled, literally, to find our son and has been there everyday since.  She is there for the late night calls when I don't know what to do and he is there for the bail me out days when I need help with Noah.  She is there for the phone calls of me crying because of how fast my son is growing and not understanding why it all happens so fast. 
Looking back now I realized how many years I missed having this amazing relationship in my life by being a difficult teenage, and I have spent alot of time trying to make up for it.  i wished I have realized what an amazing woman she was and a great mom a long time ago!
I guess it to being a mom to realize how great my mom is!

I love you mom!

Melinda

No comments:

Post a Comment